Saturday, October 25, 2014

Saturday...

It's a gorgeous late October day in Estevan. I can't believe the great weather we've had this late into the fall. Somehow (knock on wood) no snow yet.

Earlier, I went to Woodlawn for the Run the Course fundraiser for the Summer Games, then headed to Westview for the city girls volleyball championship. Checked out Pleasantdale against Sacred Heart. It was a great match that went right down to the wire in all three sets, with Pleasantdale ultimately winning.

Tonight I have the Estevan Motor Speedway awards night as well as a Halloween event at the art gallery. In the meantime, packing for Columbus awaits. I hate packing. Has to be done though. Three days till I leave.

*******************

I've been preparing for the upcoming draft in my hockey sim league. In this simulator, you can tell how good each player will become, so I've been putting players into a spreadsheet to figure out who I want to draft. I've worked through 350 of the 538 players eligible. It's a deep draft, but if I had the first pick (I'll have somewhere between 26 and 30) I'd either take first-ranked right winger Paul Low, or go waaaay off the board and take a risk in left winger Sergei Tsulygin.

I've also been playing season mode in NHL 15 with Minnesota. My lineup:

Parise-Granlund-Pominville
Landeskog-Hertl-Coyle
Zucker-Stoll-Niederreiter
Komarov-Wennberg-Galiardi

Suter-Jones
Josi-Trouba
Larsson-McQuaid

Varlamov
Kuemper

*******************

I'll stop boring you now. Argos play the Ticats in 10 minutes in a huuuuuge game.




No comments:

Post a Comment